Meat Slicer Buying Guide 2017
I used to work for a kitchen appliance store in Northern California, so I know a lot about what to look for when making these purchases. I am here to share my experience with you, and I hope you will enjoy my meat slicer reviews and find the right product for your home!
So, we all know home meat slicers make it convenient for you to get the best cuts of meat and finely sliced deli-style sandwich meats right in your very own home.
You can save time, travel, and money by purchasing a meat slicer to process your meat yourself. But what are some things to look for in a home meat slicer? Here are a few things to consider before you commit:
Read Meat Slicer Guide
- Power: You will want a slicer made specifically for light industrial or heavy home use. This will ensure that no matter how often you use your slicer, it will last you for years to come.
- Warranty: No matter what price range, power range, or size of home meat slicer you buy, you want to be sure that whatever you purchase includes a warranty. Look for warranties that are included in the purchase price and will cover your machine for years.
- Blade Size: A home slicer is more useful with a blade of at least 10 inches. Purchasing a machine with a blade at least this large will mean you can easily slice any food into any size you would like.
- Space: Many home meat slicing machines take up lots of counter space. You will want to carefully research how much counter space a slicer takes up to determine if it is right for you and the available counter space in your kitchen.
- Sharpeners: Looks for a slicer that includes a sharpener near the blade, or at least with your purchase. Sharpening a blade on a slicer can be tricky, and you want to be sure you have the equipment to do so and that the process is the safest and easiest possible.
- Weight: For ease of use, storage, and mobility, you want to consider the weight of the slicer you will purchase. Try to buy something around 10 pounds. Some slicers can weigh over 30 pounds!
Buying a home meat slicer is not an easy decision and may be a significant investment. If you keep the above tips in mind, however, you can quickly select the best home meat slicer for you, your kitchen, your family, and the future.
By choosing the correct machine, you can know that you will be easily and safely slicing your cheese, meats, and deli-style cuts for years to come. You will be like the local deli, but right in your home! For your convenience, I’ve created a simple to follow list down below to help you find your best meat slicer, or you could check out different meat slicer reviews under the category section.